Frequently Asked Questions
What does virgin hair mean?
- Virgin hair is chemically unprocessed human hair, which is collected from a single donor (the donor could be Indian, Malaysian, Brazilian, etc). The virgin hair has not been altered by dyes, perms, bleaches, or harsh washes. We only uses grade 7A virgin hair, which is the highest quality hair on the market.
Can your hair be bleached and dyed a different colour?
- Our virgin hair comes in the colour 1B (natural brownish black). It can be dyed and/or bleached, however you still have to be careful as you would with your real hair. Extra care will be needed because the hair is not attached to the scalp and does not retain its own moisture. You must be mindful to keep the hair hydrated and moisturized. Also, when you dye and/or bleach your virgin hair the hair is no longer virgin (it will then be chemically processed ). We recommend that you have your SHE by Sade hair professionally dyed and/or bleached.
What forms of payment do you accept?
- We accept Paypal, Visa Debit, Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Etransfer
Do your wigs come pre plucked and styled?
- You can choose the customization option under each wig if its available. Only those that state its customized in the description will have it included for no extra cost. Please note that customization will add an additional 2-3 business days. *ALL CUSTOMIZATION HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY STOPPED DUE TO THE GOVERNMENT ENFORCED CLOSURE OF OUR STORE
How long does shipping take?
- Please refer to the 'Shipping and Returns' page
Can my order be picked up at your storefront ?
- Yes it can, however the processing time of 3-5 business days still remains. To do this when checking out you must select the e transfer option (a corresponding email will be sent to you with further details). The shipping address must be to our store location: 2553 Hurontario Street , Mississauga Ontario L5A2G4. When your order has arrived you will receive an email indicating ready for pick up. If you wish to pick up your hair same day, please call the store and inquire about your desired length / style to see if we have it in stock.
How thick are the bundles?
- Our bundles are 100g or 3.5oz
How many bundles do I need for a sew in?
- It depends on many things like, what sew in you're going to get, the size of your head and also the lengths you want. The general rule and most important rule to know when purchasing bundles is; the longer the hair, the shorter the wefts. What this means is that it doesn’t matter if you’re buying a 22’’ or 10’’ they weigh the same. But because the 22’’ is longer, there’s a change in the amount of hair on the weft. in other words the volume changes; a 12” will have far more volume than an 18” bundle of human hair. So the longer you want your hair, the more bundles you need to buy for a fuller look. Full install with closure or leave out
Here’s a quick guide:
- 10’’ 12’’ = 1 or 2 bundles
- 12" 14’’ 16’’ 18" = 2 or 3 bundles
- 20’’ 22’’ 24’’ 26’’ = 3 to 4 bundles
Partial weave or Rows?
The distance between your tracks plays a vital role in the amount of bundles you will need. Depending on how much you leave out on the top/ in between tracks (and around the perimeter) of your head, 2 bundles should be more than enough (depending on the lengths and thickness you desire).
What is a closure?
- A closure is a hair piece, 4″x 4″ / 6” x 6”/ 7” x 7” long and wide and is usually made of a lace that is secured around the perimeter. Closures allow you to keep all of your hair hidden while allowing you to part your hair in different sections in that space. Closures are low maintenance and a great option for everyday use. It can be glued or sewed down for security.
What is a frontal?
- Lace frontals cover temple to temple hairline and are a replication of a natural hairline. The majority of the frontals come in a 13″ x 4″. Frontals allow you to put all of your hair away while also allowing you to part your hair anywhere along your hairline. In addition, if your frontal is glued or sewed down, you can do various hair styles, even allowing you to put it up in a ponytail and braiding your hair back (while still having no hair out). We must warn you however that frontals are ALOT of maintenance and if you're not good at upkeep or have never even worn a closure before this may not be for you. Frontals are meant for special occasions and touch ups have to happen within 1-2 weeks of your instal.